HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Nobody anticipated that the levees would BREECH

This fiasco reminds me of the way lefties turned their brains off when the accusation of Koran flushing was their cause celebre. Over and over I asked the question: "How can you flush a Koran down the toilet?" and nobody could answer. That little detail was too inconvenient for Bush bashing, so it was ignored. Now the left is ignoring another little detail- that water spilling over a levee, called overtopping, is not the same as water gushing through a breach.

One of first cheap shots the left took was saying Bush was clueless and out of touch because he said

"I don't think anybody anticipated the breaching of the levees."

Well guess what- he was right. Lots of people talked about levees overtopping, but that isn't the same thing. Overtopping is temporary, and the water gets pumped back out after it comes in. Breaching, while not permanent, requires that the breach be fixed, or the water gets put back into the city as fast as it is pumped out.

Shhh... If we don't acknowledge it it isn't so!




In case you don't remember the Koran STORY was utter- well- shit.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Dean Reese said…

    hark,

    I read this on Michelle Malkin earlier today. I understand the diffence, but the average person does not and will not care.

    Yes, he was correct. But, I think you have to question if you knew he was correct when he said it. I some how doubt it.

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Harkonnendog said…

    If I knew he was correct? I didn't know whether he was thinking about the difference between overtopping and breaching or not- it occurred to me but I had/have no way ofknowing...

    I didn't and don't think it even matters though- I think what he meant was that nobody expected that level of flooding after the hurricane turned and largely missed New Orleans... in other words they thought the majority of flooding would happen during the storm, not the next day, and that he said it to try to stop finger pointing in a kind of "let's all pull together in this crisis" spirit.

    Regardless, it was a cheap shot, meant to show "Bush is out of touch," and it was factually wrong... Not that that matters to some- any more than the fact that you can't flush a Koran down a toilet matters, lol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home