HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

64% feminist?

Dang. Thought I'd be a 100%.

You Are 64% Feminist

You are certainly a feminist - whether you know it or not.
You believe in gender equality, at least most of the time. You also believe there are a few exceptions.



I object... Here are the reasons I didn't get 100%.
To the question:

Women should be economically and socially independent. They shouldn't rely on men to take care of them.

I disagreed. Why shouldn't a woman choose to be dependent? Grandma dug it. It was a choice she made and she was happy. So why shouldn't any woman or any group of women make that same choice?

To the question:

There is no such thing as a "man's job." It is wrong for men to be given preference for any job position, even if women traditionally aren't in that field.

I wasn't sure. NO such thing? I'm sorry but I don't think women should be walking around mens' locker rooms, nor vice versa, of course. I don't think women are as good at relating to young mens' problems as young men are, and... it is unreasonable to suppose there are no jobs which men are innately better at. Same thing goes for women.

To the question:

Women should take an equal role in dating. Women should ask out people they are interested in and take their turn in paying.

WHY should they, when young men are twice as horny? Makes no sense. Of course if a woman wants to ask a man out, great. But why SHOULD they take an equal role when they need not do so? And who says they don't? Honestly, in a bar or a club, if a woman makes eye contact with a man twice, she is basically asking him to ask her out. So why is it necessary that she ask him out the same way he asks her out?

To the question:

Women should accept their bodies as they are. Women should not have to conform to wacky beauty ideals.

This question sucks. It is two barely related question jammed together. NO, that 500lb woman should NOT accept her body as is. She should lose some weight. On the other hand, YES, women should not have to conform to wacky beauty ideals. Crock of shit, that question.

To the question:

Women should have legal, easy access to all types of birth control - including the morning after pill.

I don't think of the morning after pill as birth control. I think of it as an abortion pill. I still think women should have access to it, but again I don't like the question, so I said I wasn't sure. Er, come to think of it, I was being an asshole when I answered this question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home