HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Laura Bush, Theocrat?

Apparently not.
Throughout Bush's Presidency he's deflated some of the left's more hysterical rant with humor. The linked article, from the Washington Times, is a good example of this. I also think it is a way for Bush to thumb his nose at Dobson. Nice.

"I am married to the president of the United States, and here's our typical evening: Nine o'clock, Mr. Excitement here is sound asleep, and I'm watching 'Desperate Housewives' -- with [Vice President Dick Cheney's wife] Lynne Cheney," Mrs. Bush said. "Ladies and gentlemen, I am a desperate housewife. I mean, if those women on that show think they're desperate, they ought to be with George.
"One night, after George went to bed, Lynne Cheney, [Secretary of State] Condi Rice, [Bush adviser] Karen Hughes and I went to Chippendales," she said, referring to a strip club where women tuck cash into male dancers' skimpy thongs. "I wouldn't even mention it except [Supreme Court Justices] Ruth Ginsberg and Sandra Day O'Connor saw us there. I won't tell you what happened, but Lynne's Secret Service code name is now 'Dollar Bill.' "

This really puts libs between a rock and a hard place, vis a vis the Republican Christian Theocracy Theory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home