HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Friday, March 03, 2006

The way to argue with crazy lefties...

is to take their side but use plainer language that shows how crazy their positions are. Or you can basically use their exact words but put them in a slightly different context. This causes cognitive dissonance, and it is fun to watch the squirming...

I used the second way in the comments section of this post about a liberal student who posed as a conservative at a recent panel, run by conservatives, that discusses the Mohammed cartoons. Read the whole thing, but here are a couple of excerpts:

The display of those cartoons served no purpose other than to inflame emotions...

My answer was that yes, I do regret going, but as I think more about it I have to say "yes and no". I regret going, in the same way I would regret watching an execution or looking on as somebody beat their child.



Later, in the comments section, the Chemist writes:

Oh, and one more thing: I've posted the pictures of the cartoons (they're small, but they're there), and Agi has posted the cartoons



So I wrote:

I just have to laugh at the hypocrisy here. The fact that you posted the pictures of Mohammed shows you are a racist pig just like the Jews and Christians on that panel, Chemist.

The display of those cartoons served NO PURPOSE other than to inflame emotions.

And please, DON'T PRETEND that you displayed them for any other reason. Free speech does NOT include the right to deprive people of real rights, such as human dignity.

You pretend you are progressive but you are a repressor just like the Jews and Christians on that panel. You want to take away basic human rights from Muslims.

I feel dirty just for READING this blog. I'm kind of glad I did, but in another way I wish I hadn't.

I wonder if he'll reply...

Last week I replied to this post by an iraqi tear with this:

As an American, I want to apologize that the USA was unable to stop Sunni Muslims from blowing up a Shiite Mosque.

We also failed to stop Iraq and Iran from fighting during Ramadan from 1980-1988.

We also failed to stop Juhayman, a Saudi, and his followers from holding the al-masjid al-Haraam Mosque hostage in 1979.

The US has failed, again and again and again, to stop Muslims from slaughtering Muslims, to stop Muslims from desecrating Muslim holy sites, and to stop Muslims from depriving other Muslims of basic human rights such as free speech and freedom of religion.

Again, as an American I want to apologize for every time the United States has failed to stop a Muslim from doing something evil to another Muslim.


No reply...

UPDATE:
Chemist hasn't responded to my comment but someone else did, lol.

Jenny said...

Get another perspective if you think you can take a right wing blog. It has a good description of what HE (SHE?) saw and heard.

http://www.rayra.net/Political_Coverage/UCI_Cartoons_Panel/uci_cartoons_panel.html

Harkonnendog - free speech was so important to our founding fathers that they put in the first admendment, not second, third or 15th.

"Free speech does NOT include the right to deprive people of real rights, such as human dignity. " Uh, yes it does

5:29 PM

Jenny said...

And Harkonnendog, I think you have it backwards when you say, "You want to take away basic human rights from Muslims." I think we are trying to keep Muslims from taking them away from us. Do you live in the US? If you don't like it here then go somewhere else that would be more compatible with your belief structure. Don't try to change ours.

5:33 PM

Anonymous said...

Harkonnendog, I hope you're saving up for the jizya.

5:34 PM



Hehehe. I really didn't intend to catch this type of fly in my web... whoops. Kind of fun, though. I upped the ante with this:

Harkonnendog said...

The fact of the matter is Chemist is NO DIFFERENT THAN THESE ANTI-ISLAM RACISTS. Chemist printed the pictures too! Chemist says that the Muslims at the meeting were called racist names, but there is NOTHING MORE RACIST against Muslims than printing pictures of Mohammed, (PBUH-GEGO) which Chemist DID.

So you all are just flip sides of the same coin. Racist Americans who hate Islam from the left, and Raicst Americans who hate Islam from the right. You are like the Jew snipers arguing about whether to shoot a Palestinian child in the heart or in the head.

6:51 PM


So we'll see if that calls Chemist out or not. :) Did y'all like the PBUH-GEGO? Guess what it stands for in the comments. :)

(who'm i kidding, nobody reads this... sob...)

4 Comments:

  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Dan Kauffman said…

    (who'm i kidding, nobody reads this... sob...)

    There you go, judging the actions of others without knowning the facts. ;-)

    I may even add you to my blogroll

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Dan Kauffman said…

    Ok I did it, now you might want to sign up and add the code for
    http://www.blogrolling.com and

    http://www.sitemeter.com

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Harkonnendog said…

    Thanks Dan!

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger big_wannabe said…

    I read it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home