HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Friday, January 28, 2005

The Harkonnendog Awards

First a big thanks to all the new readers, especially those of you who have bookmarked this site.

It’s aloha Friday,
No work ‘till Monday…
(the above is the chorus from a popular song in Hawaii)

And no blogging until Monday. I’m a Monday through Friday blogger, I guess. And today I don’t have an essay or anything for you. The things take a couple days to percolate and I blew it a couple days ago… I got nothin’. But there are lots of other great places to go, so here are some places to visit:

If you scroll down a bit and look under the links section you’ll see this site is a Slimy Mollusk on the TTLB ranking system. (TTLB stands for The Truth Laid Bare- a political weblog that came up with a cool ranking system and has run with it) The system goes like this: (hat tip to The Panda's Thumb)

Higher Beings
Mortal Humans
Playful Primates
Large Mammals
Marauding Marsupials
Adorable Rodents
Flappy Birds
Slithering Reptiles
Crawly Amphibians
Flippery Fish
Slimy Molluscs
Lowly Insects
Crunchy Crustaceans
Wiggly Worms
Multicellular Microorganisms
Insignificant Microbes

It is cute and kind of cool, but in the end it is just a popularity contest. Still, you might want to visit TTLB here to get a list of popular blogs. They are popular for a reason, after all. Several newspapers have created best blog lists, but that’s like a bunch of dirty hippies creating a best physicist list while they change the bong water. The Weblog awards are compiled by bloggers and voted on by blog readers, so they are probably the best place to go for a list of great blogs. Last year’s winners are listed here at Wizbangblog.

But, if you visit here regularly, you probably like what I like. So I’ve made a list of my favorite sites-

The Harkonnendog Awards!

Best Blog to Read while Drinking Morning Coffee and Pretending to Work:
Instapundit

Best Blog for Satisfying Your Desire to Appease Your Paranoia regarding What The Muslims Are Up To:
Little Green Footballs

Best Blog for Satisfying Your Insecurity by Laughing at What the Liberals and the MSM are Up To:
Powerline

Best Blog for Understanding the Little Details regarding the Big Picture on the War on Terror:
Belmont Club

Best Blog for those Living in Hawaii who Want to Laugh at People in Cold Places:
Althouse

Best Blog for Understanding American Liberals and how to Combat (or better yet convert) Them while NOT being Mad at Them: (this should be Harkonnendog- that’s sort of the point of this blog)
Newsisyphus
(that sumbitch stole my award!)

Best Blog for Understanding All Liberals and how to Combat them while Being Mad at Them:
The Diplomad

Hmm… That’s about it. I also go to We Won’t Be Fooled Again and The Powers that Blog almost every day. They are listed in my links section to the right. You should check them out as well…
I haven’t yet put all the above sites into my links list. I’ll probably do that today or tomorrow. Have a great weekend!

Update:
Cernig suggested a web award for

'"Leftwing site Most Likely to be Readable by Rightwingers with High Blood Pressure?"or even "Leftwinger Who I Don't Think Is a Lunatic Even If I Think He Is Wrong"?'

and he is certainly right. And he is the winner. Hmmm.... I wonder if he planned that....

I'm going to call it:
Best Blog for Conservatives who Prefer to be Called Wrong Rather Than Evil by the Lefties who Disagree with Them (and of course are Wrong but Not Evil):
Newshog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home