HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Monday, February 28, 2005

The Academy Awards

1. I didn't see Million Dollar Baby so I don't know if it deserved the accolades or not. I'm guessing, though, that the Christian-led critics that claimed Million Dollar Baby is little more than a slick snuff film helped garner the movie some Oscars. Hollywood knows how to circle the horses, and Clint Eastwood is a gentelman, an icon, and the manifestation of every midde aged Hollywood actor's dream of their own future.

2. If The Aviator was MDB's biggest rival, then it should have been obvous that MDB would bring home the title. The Aviator features a John Galt like hero, MDB has a young woman who dies. HELLO? Scorcese doesn't get the nod, again, but it's kind of hard to feel sorry for him. He makes movies for a living.

3. My favorite part was Jamie Foxx's acceptance speech. He thanked his grandmother for teaching him how to act: 'Act' like you've been somewhere. 'Act' like you've got some sense... I was also touched that she demanded he become a "Southern Gentleman." Very nice. And then, how refreshing to hear a man say he was beaten by a guardian without crying victim! Foxx was grateful for it, if anything. I loved that!

4. I liked Chris Rock. His actual emceeing wasn't that great- but the montage at the movie theater MORE than made up for it. Chronicles of Riddick and White Chicks- ROFLMAO!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home