HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Friday, February 04, 2005

I hereby renounce it.

Cernig over at Newshog linked to my post about arguments from emotion and the left, (thank you Cernig!) and coupled it with an excellent post from PSoTD. Here's an excerpt (but you should definitely read the whole thing):

And we should be able to identify those who persist in such talk, who let this talk flourish, or who do not try to stop this talk in its tracks. I guess I'm suggesting a modified Tom Ridge Color Code for Conservative Commentators, which would work something like the following:

Red - Has declared liberals are traitors or treasonous.
Orange - Has declared that they despise/dislike liberals, but no mention of the T word.
Green - Has denounced the "liberals are traitors or treasonous" meme.

I think this is a fantastic idea. Let me be the first conservative to publicly declare... I RENOUNCE the "liberals are traitors or treasonous" meme. Ranking conservative bloggers with this system is only half the battle, though. In the comments section of the PSoTD's post I extended this challenge:

Conservatives, like me, often complain that while we say liberals are wrong, liberals say we are evil. I suppose this complaint is the flipside to that (complaint that conservatives say liberals are traitors). I hereby publicly declare that I denounce the "liberals are traitors or treasonous" meme. I will do so on my site as well... will you renounce the "conservatives are not just wrong, they are evil" meme?

And I think ALL bloggers, left and right, should employ PSoTD's system. Ths system for conservatives would remain as above. The system for liberal bloggers would be slightly different:

Red - Has declared conservatives are evil or greedy.
Orange - Has declared that they despise/dislike conservatives, but no mention of the E word.
Green - Has denounced the "conservatives are evil or greedy meme.

This may be unfair, though... I'm getting a two-fer... evil AND greedy... maybe I AM GREEDY?!? Okay, I take it back... Just the Evil part, as so:

Red - Has declared conservatives are evil.
Orange - Has declared that they despise/dislike conservatives, but no mention of the E word.
Green - Has denounced the "conservatives are evil" meme.

I'll email PSoTD to see what he thinks of the idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home