HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

A democrat I admire!

The UPC has decided to make a kind of group blog entry now and then... Here's this week's idea:

Hopefully, each one of us is going to identify and write a bit about three living politicians that we appreciate and respect from an opposing political party from our own.

drumroll.........
......
.....
.....
Zell Miller!!! Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahha! Now I know my fellow UPC members want to cry foul, but he IS a democrat. Why Zell Miller? Do I even have to say why? Well, how about I let him say why:

I can remember when Democrats believed that it was the duty of America to fight for freedom over tyranny.

It is not their patriotism, it is their judgement that has been so sorely lacking.

Motivated more by partisan politics than by national security, today's Democratic leaders see America as an occupier, not a liberator.

Once upon a time, the most successful Democratic leader of them all, FDR, looked south and said 'I see one third of a nation ill-housed, ill clad, ill nourished.' Today our national Democratic leaders look south and say, 'I see one third of a nation and it can go to hell.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home