HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

How does the pathology of Serbian Christians relate to Priam’s daughter Cassandra, and W.H. Auden?

The Belmont Club is a great blog. Imagine a mind as a television. Most of our brains are compartmentalized like a plasma television- millions of individual pixels each contain just a smidgeon of information- they all act separately but the edges blur at a distance- The Belmont Club’s author, Wretchard, has a different kind of brain. His is like an LCD television- a sea of crystals floating in a goldfish bowl. (Bear with me- I’m buying a television and just talked to the dude at Sear’s yesterday.)

Because Wretchard’s brain lacks the usual number of compartments he makes weird things relate well. Cassandra is a good example. The title of the post is the Cassandra of Greek myth. The subject of the post is how multiculturalism relates to Islamist terrorism, and the end of post is a poem by W.H. Auden.

Sometimes I just “get” Wretchard and sometimes, frankly, I need to read one of his posts over and over before I feel the click. But I always feel it because Wretchard doesn’t cheat. And, even when I disagree with him, I appreciate the way he’s led my mind to create new paths betwixt previously unfamiliar compartments.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger Mohamed Ali said…

    $$$ URGENT LOAN OFFER WITH LOW INTEREST RATE APPLY NOW $$$
    Do you need Loan to pay off your debt and start a new life? You have come to the right place were you can get FUNDED at a very low interest rate. Interested people/company should please contact us via email for more details.

    Full name:
    Date of birth (yyyy-mm-dd):
    Gender:
    Marital status:
    Amount Needed:
    Duration:
    Address:
    City:
    State/province:
    Zip/postal code:
    Country:
    Phone number:
    Monthly Income:
    Occupation:

    E-mail: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home