HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

An MSM'er that gets it.

If more Main Stream Media reporters were like the lady who wrote the post you can click here to read, more Americans would think the MSM was reliable and fair. The post regards Linda Foley's Eason Jordan-esque claim that the US military murders journalists. An excerpt:

I take my membership in the Guild very seriously. That's why I was dismayed to learn that you, the president of my union, made a speech on May 13 in which you asserted that the US military has deliberately killed journalists. The relevant portion of the speech was videotaped and is available for viewing here.

Since then, you have failed to provide supporting evidence for your remarks, but neither have you retracted them. I spoke with you at
11:10 AM today by telephone; union secretary-treasurer Bernard Lunzer was also on the call.

When I told you that I would publish your response to me on the Internet, you declined further comment--except for the following: "I am not going to discuss this with you on the eve of Memorial Day weekend."

This remark strikes me as extremely odd. I can't think of a better time to redeem the honor of the
US military by beginning a serious investigation of outrageous conduct on its part. If our soldiers are deliberately killing journalists, it's our duty to publicize it, so that such a terrible stain on our nation's integrity may be quickly cleansed.

If, as I believe, your charge is false, I can think of no better time to retract this slander.

Me either!!! But what I find more disgusting than her unproven accusation is the fact that the majority of the media is giving her a pass, or pretending nothing happened. Paula Abdul may or may not have had sex with an American Idol contestant, (lucky him if he did!) and that warranted an expose special on ABC. But there's hardly a peep about this.

I got this via Instapundit- which might make you think- why post about it? Well, I think some of my leftist brethren don't go there. You'll not find me over at Kos, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home