HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Dean's World fisks the Clinton "rape"

Click here to read it, for it is good. An excerpt:

You have a man making an offhand comment that may well have been a joke, and what looks like two people having a fun night in a hotel room. Nothing more. Unless and until one of these two people comes forward and wants to say this was rape, this is two consenting, married adults and absolutely none of your business.

I will never intentionally link a story on The Drudge Report--and from this day forward, I will never buy a copy of, or ever link to, a story in NewsweekTrash, or from Ed Klein.

This is obscene.

The folks over at Hillary Now! ask a question: "You proud of this sh**, Bush voters?" To which my answer would be: since when is Ed Klein a Bush voter? He's been a Clinton booster for years.

Besides, the people who applauded Fahrenheit 9/11--easily the worst piece of fascist hate-propaganda since Leni Riefenstahl's Triumph of the Will--have no business bashing others for being slime-merchants. The truth is that both parties have their scumbags. Matt Drudge and Ann Coulter are scumbags, but so are Michael Moore and Seymour Hersh. I guess some people think of the worst dregs of each party's politics as being "part of the game," but it's not going to stop me from condemning it wherever I see it. I find it all highly unpatriotic and highly offensive.

If the roles were reversed- if such a claim were made about Bush on such scanty evidence, people would think Karl Rove sewed the seeds. I am, I'm ashamed to say, one of those so twisted with hate for Clinton, while he was President, that it warped my perspective and my sense of right and wrong.
So maybe I would have bought it, back in the day. But not now. This claim is just stupid. And talking about it, defending it, can only backfire on conservatives. It seems, if the quote is accurate, to be a case of Bill Clinton not being PC. Saying you're going to "rape" your wife when you mean you're planning to have some nasty violent consensual sex is not PC, but c'mon, it isn't comparable to rape.
I hope the right wing of the UPC agrees with me on this.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Levois said…

    Agreed.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger fester said…

    First; I like the redesign

    Second: Does this show a little understanding at the exasperation some parts of the left have about the supposedly "liberal media" ---

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Eric said…

    Your instincts are right; this smells like a leftwing version of a Rove op.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home