HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Dinner in D.C.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Perhaps you've never heard the story of a todder named Tellious Brown, who was taken from his mother, Lakendra Trice, during a carjacking. Imagine, please, how Tellious's young mother felt as shock turned to fear, fear to panic, panic to hysteria, and so on. The worst part of this, surely, was the combination of fear for her son's safety, impatience for his return, and the recognition that she was powerless to save him herself.

It is terrible for a person to imagine such a sequence of feelings. For most of us, thank goodness, it is nigh impossible. But I have felt such things. In fact, if I told you how I felt last night, as I waited, and waited, and waited to be seated, you may well have thought I was worrying about an abducted child, rather than wondering about whether or not a dinner reservation would be honored.

I've written this note upon this napkin, to be delivered to you by the waiter, for fear that I would not be able to speak the words aloud. Tellious was returned to his mother, safe and sound, so that story had a happy ending. This story's ending depends upon you. I hope you will, at the very least, comp my desert.

Sincerely,
Senator Dick Durbin


I shamelessly stole the idea from Iowahawk. Click here to read his tales about Dick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home