HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

UPDATE on big JACOB prb + bonus bitching

UPDATE:
It occurs to me, regarding CLOWN, that I never really tried to publish it before because publishing SUCKS if only 19 books sell in the first couple of weeks. Wtf?!?!

Anyway, on to JACOB, on to part 3 of the ongoing saga- how to write novels and not get paid for shit for them.

Jacob should probably grad in like '98 so he's got some experience before he's sent to the CIA's contracted evil mentory dude. Shall I call him Biff? (Oh, the despair is palpable. Dig the starving artist despair of Harkonnendog y'all... taste of it, sniff it, roll around in it like a puppy rolls upon the corpse of a dead rat left on the lawn by the cat, REVEL IN IT!!!)

Okay, enough of that. (But wait, you ask, why the despair now instead of before? Well, I just found out that- of the 19 copies of CLOWN which have sold, thereby garnering me a full $74.00 in royalties, 10 were bought my mom... LOL!!! Oh 'tis a sweet bittery taste- in fact I would say it is much like Heinz catchup, in that all the flavors of the palate are there- that's actually a fascinating essay btw, on catchup. No, really. Anyway, thank you Mom, love you.)

So Jacob is what, 98 - 17= he was born in 81 I guess. May as well make him a Libra, so October. Okay dokey. So in pre-October ought-five he's 24 - yeah... maybe make him a year older, you can go to school late if you're an October plus baby- so he's 25. That's about right.

All this stuff is so elementary- none of this was necessary for CLOWN because Clown took the frame of my life. I really lacked discipline while I wrote the rough of JACOB... I was distracted by my then girlfriend/now wife. Anyway...

Okay, I had another scene in mind, involving evil mentor... or did I? If I did I don't remember. HiGlish!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger shamanic said…

    It occurs to me, regarding CLOWN, that I never really tried to publish it before because publishing SUCKS if only 19 books sell in the first couple of weeks. Wtf?!?!

    Buck up, Mr. Man. You've already sold 19 more books than most novelists ever will.

    on to part 3 of the ongoing saga- how to write novels and not get paid for shit for them.

    The only way to make getting paid for them a possibility is to keep writing. Might never pan out, but you never know if you don't keep doing it.

    Art's a tough business. Keep it up. The excerpts you've posted are impressive. Nearly every published novelist out there will tell you that s/he had a hefty stack of rejection letters before publishing anything. Of course, the folks who get picked up right away make all the headlines, because the frustrated novelists of journalism want to bask in their instant success.

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Harkonnendog said…

    Thanks for the comments, Sha! Hope you are doing very well!!!

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Dale's Gmail said…

    Blog me baby! Surfing and looking for cellulite star when I ended up here. Back to the relentless searching for cellulite star.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home