HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanks to Horny G

I need to send a big thank you out to Horny G, who prefers to remain anonymous, for reading CLOWN and waxing rhapsodic enough to get me to decide to publish it and get serious about my writing again.

I don't need a lot of enouragement- I mean this is what I want to do- but even a cactus seed needs SOME fuggin' rain.

So thank you Horny G!

Btw, I think I've figured out how to approach finishing JACOB. First I need to identify the new chapters I need to write. Off the top of my head I've got-

Jacob in Somalia-
ESTABLISH:
a. Jacob worked intelligence for Marines
b. that's why he stayed for Black Hawd Down
WHILE THERE HE MET CIA GUY (Cole Burhart-does that sound like a good name for a crazy CIA guy?)
c. his crazy handler- who taught him how to use drugs to interrogate people- E, DMT, others...
d. will break the pain loop by using micro drug therapy as outline in WIRED magazine.

(BTW, dear blog readers, I know these references don't make sense to you- I'm sorry. I'm thinking out loud here... when/if you read the book you'll understand. Cliff Notes- DMT is a drug Joe Rogan (of fear factor UFC etc.) says opens a door to another universe where you speak with a super-intelligent being. I've never done it, but I did E enough times to know how easily you can think something like after getting ripped... WIRED magazine did an article abou pain- basically instead of drugging a person's brain some dude has figure out how you can use miniscule amounts of drugs to deaden the nerves that are sending pain signals to the brain, near the SOURCE. you stick a needle in the guys knee to cut off pain from a shit, etc. and a tiny electric motor puts itty bitty bits of drug on the nerve carriers directly to stop the signal. cool stuff. very applicable to JACOB, and would lend a LOT of credence.)

The problems, here, are where the fuck do I put this stuff. JACOB is already overrun with backstory and exposition... this is MORE OF IT. Fug... I'll update when I figure it out. Or maybe I should just write it first? But is AT LEAST TWO CHAPTERS, not one... I mean if I do it right, if I show rather than tell, and then we've got Jacob and his mom having flashbacks from chapter to chaper to chapter... wtf?Q!??!?!?!

hehehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home