HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

15 copies of CLOWN have sold... What's next?

First, as of today 15 copies of CLOWN have sold. I make $4 bucks a book, whether they are ebooks or paper books, so I've made $60.00.

YEEHAW!!! And no, I'm not being sarcastic. I'm genuinely stoked on that, lol.

Anyway, so what's next? I could pretty easily publish NEVA- I mean it is done unless I want to do a major rewrite 'cause I think it sucks.

So I guess the first thing I should do is reread it and decide whether it sucks or not. If it doesn't, I'll publish NEVA as well.

Beyond that, I've got two books that need finishing (as opposed to polishing). Finishing means they are done but I probably need to do 1/3rd of the total amount of work needed to finish them to FIX them.

These two books are THE ADVENTURES OF TUTUMAN AND LILIANA, a massive cultural guidebook to Kauai for children, and JACOB, a thriller about stopping an Islamist terrorist plot to release a modified version of smallpox at the Pro Bowl in Honolulu.

THE ADVENTURES OF TUTUMAN AND LILIANA was written on paper. I've put half of it on the computer. After that I need to take a bunch of pictures of the places written about and get somebody to illustrate... Proabably my friend from high school, Giampiero. Great artist. This is mostly grunt work, really, though there will be some editing involved.

JACOB is a big fucking mess. It is like I was high half the time I wrote it or something. I've spent countless hours trying to fix it- the chronology is screwed, the love story is off, the... you get the idea. I totally think it is salveagable and, if I do it right, I think it could be great... but i have to do it.

There's really no reason I couldn't do both. I could work on THE ADVENTURES OF TUTUMAN AND LILIANA for an hour a day and follow that up with JACOB... or probably vice-versa... Time to start taking baby steps. The FIRST think I need to do is locate the rough of TATAL... then I'll go from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home