HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.

Drudge has (maybe right now it is had) a picture of Bush with the caption:
Warning to Iran: Don’t Do It

And this great song came to mind: (from this site, which has a compendium of 80’s television songs)

The lyrics:

Don't go to bed, with no price on your head
No, no, don't do it. Don’t do it.

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time,
Yeah, don't do it.

And keep your eye on the sparrow.
When the going gets narrow.
eHah! (growl!)
Don't do it. Don't do it.

Where can I go where the cold winds don't blow,
Now.
Well, well, well, well, well.

That is, of course, the theme song to Baretta. Here’s some info on that song:
Title: "Keep Your Eye On The Sparrow"
Written By: "Dave Grusin and M. Ames"
Performed By: "Sammy Davis Jr."

Did you know that was Sammy Davis Jr.?!?

Powerline published my take on the Shel Silverstein song Cover of the Rolling Stone, archived here if you'd like to see it, and I thought I’d take a crack at the above, too. I’d actually like some readers, especially some of my liberal friends, Mr. M and Cernig, over at Tushhog, as well as Crazy D and Belgian Babe, to make their own versions, hehehe. I'll invited some of 'da boyz from the Jiu Jitsu gear forum, too.

Update: Okay, here is my version (I erased the earlier update):

Don't yellowcake, with no UN mandate.
No, no. Don't do it. Don’t do it.

Don't Oppenheim, someone will drop a dime.
Yeah! Don't do it.

And turn your eye to Israel,
When you hear that cruise missile!
eHah! (growl!)
Don't do it. Don't do it.

Where will you go if Bush tells Rumsfeld "Go"?
Now.
Hell, hell, hell, hell, hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home