HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Fantastic Post of the Day

is here from Dean's World. It discusses the anti-war protest and the pro-war demonstration that rose up to counter it. What makes the story special is the way the pro-war demonstrators policed themselves. One woman, for example, went through the groups signs to remove offensive ones:

"This sign is out," she said, going through placards, and pointing to one saying "MORONS" (actually, I could use that sign could be used to picket any event involving Congress or for either political party, but that's my personal bias...). Her 8-year-old boy "Little Guy" played in the background.

"We don't want any of these snarky signs. We want them to be POSITIVE," she told some people. Smash had planned on having 50 people but 60 showed up. "I'm going to go through these signs and make sure they're not swiping at anyone..."

And she did....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home