HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Harkonnendog on Slate!

This is quite the honor for your humble servant of the Baron Harkonnen. If you go here and scroll a bit more than halfway down you'll find:

Guns, tans, and steel: Florida Gov. Jeb Bush today signed the "Castle Doctrine," a law that relaxes the standards under which one can use deadly force in self-defense. "Common sense is slowly returning to our gun laws, and crime is going down. Maybe the Brits should take note!" rejoices Opinions? ...We Don't Need No Stinking Opinions. Last week, Harkonnendog at The Unpaid Punditry Corps, a blog dedicated to "multi-partisanship," compared gun control in Britain and America: "England's overly civilized way encourages the barbarians, whereas Florida's overly barbarous way encourages gentlemanly behavior. An armed society is a polite society."

"I can think of a few people who will not be vacationing in Florida. Might as well vacation in Iraq," groans self-described "aging peace activist" Tram on Aquarian Conspirators. "I understand and can agree with the spirit of the law, but the general way it will be implemented scares the hell out of me," writes a government employee living in Washington, D.C., on Mainstream Shadows.

Many thanks to Slate editorial assistant Bidisha Banerjee for linking to the UPC!!! (And yes, that is her (I assume it is a her) real name. And yes, a name like that would really match with an uber-hot bodacious super hero or villainess. I'm picturing Pam Grier with a magic whip she punishes evil doers with- the problem being they like it and so commit more crimes.

Take that nasty boy! (CRACK)
I AM NASTY BIDISHA SPANK ME!!! SPANK ME!!!
What?
I'M A KILLER HURT ME I DESERVE IT!!!
Uh... You're missing the point, here.
THAT'S 'CAUSE I'M BAD!!! HURT ME GOOD! HURT ME GOOD MS. BANERJEE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home