8 Raider Predictions for the 2005 Season.
1. Collins goes to the Pro Bowl. Culpepper does not. Randy Moss makes okay quarterbacks seem great, and okay is all Culpepper has ever been. Rather than try to prove it to you, I ask you to click here and read the article. The most relevant excerpt:
“Culpepper must thank his lucky stars that he has Randy Moss making him look this good. I'm not saying Culpepper's not a good quarterback -- but it's worth pointing out that just about every quarterback who's played in the quarterback-friendly
Moss already said Collins is a better quarterback than Culpepper, which Culpepper called “crazy.” Collins took a mediocre team to Super Bowl 35 (you remember, the one we should have won, had Pope not let the tight end go, and Dorsett not taken the bad angle, and had Fat Bastard not purposely broken Gannon’s shoulder.) Culpepper has never been there, and with Moss gone, he never will be.
2. Raiders make the play-offs.
See Prediction 1.
3. Raiders sweep Dungver.
Bailey can’t cover Porter, much less Moss. Dungver is importing fat underachieving defensive lineman to improve their defense. The worm has turned in this battle of franchises. The good old days have come again.
4. CWood makes the Pro Bowl. Champ Bailey does not.
Reason A: CWood will have his best year.
1. He’s a free agent next year.
2. He’s practicing against Moss every day, which has to be humbling.
3. He’s had bad luck with freakish injuries the last couple of years. He’s due an injury free season.
Reason B: Bailey was never as good as CWood.
1. See prediction 3. How Champ Bailey made the Pro bowl after Porter toasted him repeatedly on national television last year is beyond me. After Moss burns him to a crisp, eats him, and then moons the Dungver crowd (with his pants down this time) and farts Bailey-ashes out, Bailey will no longer be considered Pro bowl material.
5. The Chargers lose their charge.
Why? I don’t know. Maybe not. I just hate their coach, so I hope it will be so.
6. Courtney Anderson and Antonio Gates have better years than Gonzalez.
Gonzalez is in his 10th year, and the Chiefs really have nobody else to throw to… Look for CWood to blanket him, to nullify him, when the Chefs play the Raiders, and look for other teams to make similar adjustments. Gates is already better than Gonzalez, and
Btw, stat wise it is interesting to compare the three:
NFL Experience: 2
NFL Experience: 3
NFL Experience: 9
7. Raiders will win 10 games. Game by game I have us winning 11.
@ NE. loss
@ Philadelphia. loss
@NY Giants. Win.
So that extra loss is for the officials screwing us out of at least one.
8. Raiders run defense will be top ten in the league.
They will have to throw to keep up with our offense, and Ryan has had a year to teach his system, and a year to learn his players. Plus, the way Danny Clark talks, and the way Collins talks about Danny Clark and the rest of the defense, is making me a believer.
Comments are greatly appreciated, even criticism, so don't be shy. For more Harkonnendog Raider articles visit:
1. Plunkett: Best Raider QB Ever? 5/19/2005
2. And yes MORE incompetent Raider reporting! 3/17/2005
3. More incompetence from the Bay Area media 3/4/2005
4. Monte Poole and Tim Kawakami = Sad but Funny 2/24/2005