HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Friday, November 11, 2005

CLOWN update

Okay I've made it to chapter 33. There are only 40 chapters, so this particular editing job is jesabout done.

Good.

Then, I guess I'll print it out when I get home and read it over the weekend, looking for the kind of typos the computer doesn't catch. I enjoy reading it anyway. Then on Monday I'll come in and upload it, I guess.
Then y'all CAN BUY IT!!! WHOO-HOO!! (It sounds like Horny George is going to be the first to purchase.)
You'll be able to buy a real book for 14.95 plus shipping. Total rip-off EXCEPT it is not. Why? Because people constantly buy shitty books for 8 or 9 bucks because they've bought great books for 8 or 9 bucks. In fact I bet people buy 10 shitty books for each great book they buy, which means you actually spend $64-$81 dollars for a great book!

That doesn't even factor in the time you've wasted reading the crappy ones, right?

Well, CLOWN is great, if I do say so myself. And, yeah, I feel that way, so I'll say it. I would say it is better than anything I've read since Stephenson's Baroque Cycle... In fact it is better than any not Stephenson book I've read in the last 3 years. So depending on your reading habits it is worth AT LEAST 15 bucks, and possibly... well, the sky is the limit, given this logic, right? I mean if I had know Cryptonomicon was as great as it is I would have dropped a hundred without hesitation.

And it gets great reviews from readers. I mean the ratio of people who think it is great to people who think it is just another book is around 9-1. So odds are you'll dig it, and find it is at least 15 abalones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home