HARKONNENDOG

Bookmark me or the Baron will pull my heart plug thingy.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

A Clockwork Orange comes to life.

Todays post of the day is here. Greenpeace should beware invading areas populated by young men who wash their caffeine pills down with Red Bull. Plus, these guys work on commission. If they were getting paid by the hour the time lost would have cost the company, and the guys probably would have considered it a second lunch break.

My favorite part was this:

“We bit off more than we could chew. They were just Cockney barrow boy spivs. Total thugs,” one protester said, rubbing his bruised skull.

To my American ears this is as lyrical and charming a the "nasdat" of A Clockwork Orange. I was also impressed by the Greenpeace activists because they didn't really whine. They took their lumps. American protestors would be crying like they were on Oprah.

This site features a glossary of the language in A Clockwork Orange. Worth checking out if you are-
1. my kind of nerd
2. trying to score with hot nerd chicks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home